If you haven't watched the story about Caine's Arcade, do it now!
After watching (and crying of course) I read a post about a boy named Ezra, who, inspired by Caine, created a cardboard pinball machine.
So I was inspired to create my own.
Here's how I did it.
What you need:
- a box
- wooden tongue depressors or popsicle sticks
- various items for obstacles eg. toilet paper rolls, cottage cheese containers, cd's
- decorating items eg. stickers
1. Take a cardboard box, cut off the front and tape up all the sides.
2. Use a scissors or craft knife to cut holes in the sides for your levers.
(I mistakenly cut high at first, the ball just falls under the levers *duh) so cut them as low as possible)
3. Tape two sticks together to form the desired length for each lever.
4. Use toilet paper rolls to achieve the desired angle for the machine by taping/glueing them to the back of the box.
5. Tape or glue a long paper towel tube for the ball dispensor
6. Tape or glue obstacles
7. Decorate and Enjoy playing !!!
Happy crafting everyone.
and if you have young children, be sure to check out my new website about Baby Signing.