Monday, May 21, 2012

What is a kids' stuff swap?

In a previous post, I outlined my big plans for a kids' stuff swap. 
On Friday, I did indeed host the swap and there was good news and bad news.
Bad news - there wasn't a great turnout, there were 7 of us (not terrible, but I had invited many more)
Good news - one of the women brought so many items, there was enough for us all to find a great swap.
Great news - it was a fun morning, relaxing, drinking coffee and eating biscuits, hanging out with friends.

We had books, some toys and a lot of clothes in good condition (including some with the tags still attached).

I forgot to take photos during the actual event, but I did snap the lovely items I took for my daughters.
(My eldest daughter was very excited to have a new dress and fancy skirt, after growing out of her others)

I also took a photo of the huge bag of goods which were leftover, and later donated to charity.

All-in-all a successful event.  Try hosting your own and leave me a comment to let me know how it goes.


No comments:

Post a Comment